Coconut has been universally regarded as the fruit of life. Its shell makes one fine source of fiber for craft products, its meat can be converted into either food or milk, while its juice makes a tasty alternative for drinking water. Locals from tropical countries often use coconut water as refreshment, and claim of its numerous benefits.
How Does Coconut Water Reduces Cholesterol Level In the Body?
Consumption of coconut water has been proven to allay the risks of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Coconut water has properties that help reduce cholesterol levels. Its lipid reducing properties are comparable to numerous anti-cholesterol medicines, such as statins.
- Consumption of the juice can lower low-density lipoprotein levels, which are also known as the bad cholesterol. Coconut water also has properties which decrease the amount of triglycerides circulating in the bloodstream.
- Consumption of coconut water can help increase the levels of high-density lipoproteins, also known as the good cholesterol.
- Studies have shown that drinking coconut water can help reduce the risk for atherosclerosis by 41%.
- Individuals with high levels of LDL cholesterol should consume at least 2 and a half cups of coconut water during breakfast. This should substitute a part of the recommended water intake daily.
- Consumption of coconut water increases the excretion of wastes in the body. Animals fed with coconut water have been shown to have increased nitric oxide synthase, urinary nitrite, and plasma L-Arginine in the urine.
Health Benefits of Coconut Water
Drinking coconut water does not only lower cholesterol levels. It also has a range of properties that go beyond benefiting cardiovascular health.
- Coconut water has properties that lower blood pressure, as in the case of hypertension. Drinking coconut water at least twice daily for two weeks has been proven to decrease diastolic blood pressure significantly. Coconut water contains a high amount of potassium, at least 600 mg per 11 ounce or 330 mL of juice, which is a little more than a glass.
- Coconut water has low amounts of sodium, and increased levels of vitamin C. A glass of coconut water has about 230% of the recommended daily allowance for ascorbic acid.
- Young coconut water works like estrogen in post-menopausal women.
- In animal studies, coconut water has been shown to protect against death of brain cells or neurons. The brain-protecting property it contains has been shown to work better than available hormonal replacement therapies for brain function.
- The hydrating properties of coconut water are far more superior as compared to available sports drink. Doctors in tropical countries recommend the consumption of coconut water or cases of diarrhea.
- How Does Cinnamon Helps In Reducing Cholesterol Level In The Body?
- How Does Garlic Helps In Reducing Cholesterol And Its Side Effects?