Bananas are known to be among the most popular fruits all over the world. Aside from their delicious taste, bananas have their health benefits as well. It is known that bananas are free from cholesterol. Thus eating these can reduce the risk of having cholesterol related diseases. Aside from that, bananas also have roles in affecting cholesterol levels.
This fruit is indeed healthy. It is rich in fiber and also contains different vitamins and minerals that help a person to become healthier. Banana is a known source of Potassium which is perfect for hypokalemic patients or those with low Potassium levels.
Bananas treat not only physical health but also emotional and mental health. This fruit aids in preventing depression and stress. Thus, banana treats overall health.
How Does Bananas Affect Cholesterol Levels?
This fruit may not directly affect the cholesterol levels but still has several effects.
- Bananas are good sources of fiber. Therefore, the action of the fiber highly affects the elimination of unhealthy cholesterol in the body.
- Bananas do not contain cholesterol. Eating a lot of bananas will not cause an increase in cholesterol levels.
- Bananas have soluble fibers which help in increasing high density lipoprotein or good cholesterol.
- Bananas have antioxidants that remove toxins and unhealthy substances including excessive LDL.
- Bananas can also be a good cure for digestive problems mainly caused by bad cholesterol levels.
- It affects the production of low density lipoprotein and stimulates the production of good cholesterol.
Advantages Of Bananas?
Just like any food, bananas have their advantages.
- Bananas are delicious.
- One can eat bananas without requiring too much preparation like boiling, grinding, and cooking.
- Bananas are great for deserts.
- They can be found easily and are available in all grocery stores with fruit stands.
- They are affordable.
- Bananas are ideal for those who want to trim off their extra pounds.
- There are different types of bananas. All of them have the same benefits. Therefore, people can have more choices.
- Different servings of bananas are also available. Banana chips, banana split, and other banana meals are perfect as well. However, some can be processed and others can have unhealthy ingredients. People should be mindful about that.
- Bananas are also healthy for the skin. These provide smoothness and silkiness.
- Bananas can also be used as facial packs for natural cosmetic purposes.
- How Does Avocado Helps In Lowering Your Cholesterol Level?
- What Are Good Fats? Interesting Facts About Fats & Cholesterol